What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information:
(a) personal information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit the My Streatham website, register on the website, comment on articles, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, buy an advertisement, respond to a survey, fill in a form and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources that are available on our website. Where relevant, users may be asked to supply their name, email address, postal address, phone number.
Where commercial transactions take place, eg advertising on the site, credit card information may also be required to fulfil that transaction. Users may, however, visit the My Streatham website anonymously. We only collect personal identification information from Users if they voluntarily provide this information to us. Users can refuse to supply personal identification information, however, this may restrict their use of some aspects of the My Streatham website.
(b) non-personal information about Users whenever they interact with the My Streatham website. Non-personal identification information may include the type of browser (eg Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox), the type of computer and technical information about how the user has connected to the My Streatham website. This could include information such as the operating system and the name of the user’s Internet Service Provider.
How we use collected information
We will treat any personal data shared with us securely and carefully. The personal data the My Streatham website collects is only used to provide you with the service that you have requested or to respond to an enquiry that you have made.
My Streatham uses personal information we have collected for the following purposes:
- to personalise the user’s experience: we may use information individually or aggregated to understand how users of the My Streatham website use our resources, features and services.
- to improve our website: we aim to deliver an effective website based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- to improve customer service: your information helps us to respond effectively to your customer service requests and support needs.
- to process transactions: My Streatham may use the information users provide to deliver any customer order, as well as provide relevant information about our other products. We do not share this information with third parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service or when given explicit permission by the user. Users can change their preferences at any time by contacting us through the My Streatham website.
- to manage website features: this can include content, promotions and surveys and to send users information they agreed to receive about topics of interest to them.
- to send occasional emails: the email address provided by users will be used to send them information and updates relating to
- (a) any orders
- (b) respond to their inquiries and requests
- (c) provide relevant information about any My Streatham offers, competitions or products.
If any user opts in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Users can unsubscribe from receiving future emails, using the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or by contacting us via the My Streatham website.
Your right to opt out
If you no longer want to receive email communications from My Streatham please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you request that we amend or suppress records containing your personal data, we will aim to do so as quickly as practical; however you may receive communications for a transitional period while we update your records.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on the My Streatham website.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the website and its users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent users’ personal information. We may share generic aggregated information without your consent that is not linked to any personal identification information regarding users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes set out above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate the website or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys.